Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cables

I told you I'd be back today ;D

Anyway, I've been crocheting for about two years now and have always idolized knitting, I loved the old fashioned nuances and linear stitches.

And of course CABLES. Gorgeous wonderful cables! And not little ones that look like sticks that will endanger your eyes, but FAT cables. So I had to try and after watching 10 different youtube videos about 20 different times I finally got this:
The cables aren't that well defined since I used a chunky wool yarn but Damn. Grandma would be proud.
 This was the yarn I used, I have two skeins of it since it was only a dollar at Michaels back in the Christmas season. Seeing it's normal price is 5 dollars I probably should have bought out their whole stock.

But, the lady on youtube said it would be easiest if I had a cable needle, and from what I saw it was just a double ended knitting needle. And me being poor and a Do It Yourself-er I tried to make my own. Picked up a stick and went to town with some sand paper and then covered it with some clear nail polish.

That didn't really work out, since apparently I'm severely impaired and didn't know you needed to knit a couple rows in between your twisting of the yarn. (//>_>//)

Somehow I managed and learned how to do it without my makeshift cable needle! Is it sad that that makes me feel cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment