Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Domo-chan

Ok, I'm pretty sure this is going to be my last post today unless I have some stroke of genius. Don't worry though, that doesn't happen very often.

On to more important matters!

Everyone knows who Domo-kun is and if you don't know who he is you at least know what he looks like.
. He's a kids show smash hit from Japan and we don't know exactly WHAT he is he's just domo. And people seem to be satisfied with that. 

I was on the internet and found http://nerdigurumi.com/  which is an amazing website headed by an amazing crafter and she actually made a crochet pattern for domo-kun.
(c) to nerdigurumi.com

So I proceeded to make two domo's one was slightly pygmy while the others eyes were slightly off center but then I had a thought! Domo-chan.

For those not familiar with Japanese terms kun is a kind of cute word of familiarity you put after a boys name while chan goes after a girls name.

That's right. A girl Domo.

Please, if this has already been done before let me live in my little world of ignorance and think I'm actually halfway creative.

I put cardboard in the bottom of her feet so she'd actually stand up. I even gave her lipstick and used black eyelash yarn to give her full lashes. :3 Isn't she cool?!

No comments:

Post a Comment