Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crescents

Cooking doesn't really fall under crafting, I think, but it is a creative outlet and I love food. Lovelovelove lovelove. And who can resist a fluffy crescent?

Anyway, I had one week of summer break and I was gonna utilize it by doing nothing. Between the vegging and mass production toy making I squeezed in some baking.

I was on a real pie binge a couple of months ago then it was cinnamon rolls but then I remembered how we learned how to make pastry dough in culinary class, it wasn't that hard, just tedious. It's practically like pie crust! Only treated differently.

 Here's my dough and slab of butter. (That's ten ounces of butter, I'll have you know) We didn't have plastic wrap so I improvised and cut a little garbage bag in half :3
 Beautiful dough~
And beautiful folded dough!

You have to let it rest over night and fold it the next day for three days so they were done just in time for fathers day, isn't my timing amazing? So I woke up at the butt crack of day and began rolling, cutting and baking for my dear father <3 And since we don't have a rolling pin either I had to use a plastic cup. Creativity comes in all shapes and sizes.

And were they amazing, folks. I'm really sad I didn't get any pictures of the final product because they were Gorgeous! Baked up so pretty and could see every layer on the edges. A couple of them had cheese inside but the real popular ones were the ones I put jam on, I folded it like a pin wheel and put some jam in the center so it looked like a flower.

Because everyone loves a flower :D

No comments:

Post a Comment